Saturday, September 12, 2009

Boy, it's been a while...

I am so sorry that's it's been so long since I've posted! Things have been a little crazy...hehe. The transition of me going back to work has taken a little longer than I've expected. It's been smooth, but it's just taken longer to get into a routine.

The kiddos are now five months old! Where has time gone? I am going to give you the run down on each one in other posts...

Laney has developed two hemangiomas (tumors made up of blood vessels)--one on her chest and one in her left nostril. Usually, these things go away on their own anywhere from 6 months to a year of age, but they can grow very rapidly until then. We haven't been concerned about the one on her chest (although it's pretty big), but the one in her nose grew so fast that it was almost closing off that nostril. After seeing her pediatrician and a surgeon here in Lubbock, we finally ended up going to a plastic surgeon at the Children's Medical Center in Dallas who specializes in hemangiomas. We started off on a high-dose steriod regime, with the hope that it would stop the growth of the hemangiomas. Well--I am happy to report that they did better than that--they have actually shrunk! This means no surgery for Laney! We will continue on the steriods until she is six months old and then go back to the dr in Dallas in February. They should totally disappear without any sign of them being there.

Laney and Mason are doing great with Leslie! Momma had a hard time leaving them at first...and still cries on the way to work about once a week...but seeing them thrive is so worth it. They've had lots of field trips and fun outings! We are so thankful for Leslie!

Enough of all of that...on to the pictures...

2 comments:

A. Lee said...

I am so so so glad they are shrinking!! That is wonderful! I've been thinking about you guys every day, wondering how things were. But my days always seem to disappear before I know it or can get on the computer and keep in touch! I've got to get better about that! Hence the checking blogs and updating my own at midnight! :)

Christie Devitt said...

Love the pictures and your sweet thoughts about each of your children. Think of you often and praying each day is a blessing!
Love,
Christie