Monday, October 20, 2008

Another Ultrasound

We went to Dr. Hales' for another ultrasound today. Both babies are doing great! They measured a tad bit ahead of what they should...and their heartbeats were going strong. We actually got to hear them for the first time. Baby A's heartrate was 170 and Baby B's heartrate was 155. Both were really strong and about the same size. They are just about decided that these are fraternal twins--the membrane between the two babies is very thick, and in identical twins, the membrane is usually very thin. Both placentas are in a great place so that we shouldn't have to worry about problems with that later on down the road. Everyone said they looked great! Baby A has really long legs right now, too....they looked like cute little toothpicks!

We should find out what they are at the next ultrasound, which would be November 13th...that is, if they cooperate. Let's hope and pray that they do so we can start shopping! We also will see Dr. Owen on the 13th, so we'll knock out both doctors on the same day. Maybe by then I'll get our scanner hooked up so that I can post the ultrasound pictures.....

5 comments:

Danielle said...

They should give you a disc of the ultrasound pics, you can ask! I'm glad they are healthy, and I can't wait to find out what they are. I almost bought you something the other day but I decided to wait.

The Kacal Family said...

So glad to hear Pancho and Lefty look so good! I think given the heart rates, one is a boy and one is a girl...we shall see huh! That first trimester has really flown by!!!! YEA!!!! Baby A is going to keep us busy and Baby B will be the little cuddle bug! Congratulations again guys, we are all so excited!

Aunt Pam said...

We can't wait to hear what y'all are having. Nov 13th will be here before you know it - but I know, it's not soon enough! :) We are so, so glad all is going well and you are feeling good. I can't wait to go shopping! Did you ever find out who left Pancho and Lefty Pumpkins for you? :) Take good care and we are praying all continues to go well! Love ya!

Honeyed Hashette said...

Congratulations! Keep posting on the blog so I can keep checking in to see what you're having. I am so excited for you. My in-laws were asking about how you were doing last weekend and I said, "Great! She's having twins!" Allison has been great about filling me in.
Love to you, your cute hubby (I got a kick out of Poncho and Lefty) and those sweet babies. I hope you are celebrating pink AND blue!

Christy L. said...

Hi guys!!!!
I'm still exicted and glad your ultrasound went well. I can't wait to find out what they are either. I am ready to shop!! Talk to you soon and stay rested KACI!!!
Love you