Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Doctor's Appointment

We had another doctor's appointment yesterday. This time it was with Dr. Owen. My blood pressure was great (actually a little on the low side) which is a huge relief! She did a quick ultrasound and the boy had turned, so that both babies were head down and facing each other. The first thing we saw were four arms and four hands....and it looked like they were fighting! They're starting that WAY too early. Dr. Owen just laughed. They were definitely interacting with each other. Their heart rates looked good and they still looked about the same size, which is good. So far so good...our prayer is that it stays that way! Our daily prayer is that these babies hold out until the end of April so that we can stay out of the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.

I am feeling them more and more...when just one moves, it's hard to tell which one is which, but I know that will change. Every once in a while, I can feel both move at the same time...which is really weird!

We are past the halfway mark...full-term for twins is 37 weeks and I am already at 20 weeks. It's so hard to believe we're already this far....time will fly by.

2 comments:

The Kacal Family said...

I can't quite believe its already past the 1/2 way point! Its so fun to hear you talk about them moving. HOW FUNNY to see 4 hands!!! Already fighting huh? Thats hilarious. But I am glad they are keeping eachother company! How fun are they going to be?? Glad to hear your blood pressure is good! And as always its so nice to hear how great they are progressing! I still can't wait to see them and hold them but I can hold out until end of April! HAHA! Then another month before they get to meet their best friend! Love you guys!!!

Carri said...

Hey! We got your Christmas card today! I'm so excited to find your blog! Merry Christmas and congrats on the babies! We love you guys!