Monday, December 8, 2008

Today's Ultrasound

We had another ultrasound today. Everything looked great...although they were much harder for Kodi and I to pick out what was what! I don't know how those techs do it! The babies are much bigger, therefore, not as much room to pick out major features for the amateur viewer.

The babies are still a boy and girl...hehe. We wanted to double check--3 medical professionals all agreed, so we'll believe them. They are measuring ahead of schedule and are just about the same size. The girl (baby A) weighed about 11 ounces and the boy (baby B) measured 12-13 ounces. This is the first time the boy has outweighed the girl! Their heartrates were 158 and 157. The doctor is pleased with my blood pressure and the overall progression of everything. The girl is head down, and the boy is breech right now, but of course, that could change. Since we are having a c-section anyway, it's not so important that they are facing the right direction anyway.

I am feeling them move more and more and even felt both of them at the same time the other night. Now that I know their current layout, I think I can begin to distinguish which baby is moving. I know that the movements will become MUCH more defined later on as they grow and grow.

All of their major organs look good so far and we'll be checked again on December 30 at the next ultrasound.

We visit the other doctor, Dr. Owen on Monday, the 15th, so more updates there!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I'm so glad that everything is still going so well. I can't wait to hear the names that you choose!

The Kacal Family said...

This is all so very exciting. How fun to be able to feel BOTH of them move...and at the same time too!!! WOW! Those two babies are pretty big already and I cannot WAIT to meet them and hold them and love them...Kaci, you look ABSOLUTELY adorable and even Dr.Owen has commented on how you are "absolutely glowing". Love you ALL of you!