Wednesday, April 8, 2009

They're here!

Mason William Scott

Laney Kayte Scott


Laney Kayte and Mason William made their much awaited debut on Monday, April 6, 2009 at 4:55 and 4:56 respectively. Everyone is doing great--they have been in the room with us this whole time and have done wonderfully! Laney weighed 6 pounds, 3 ounces and was 19 1/2 inches long. Mason was 6 pounds, 2 ounces and was 18 1/2 inches long. They are super eaters and sleepers and seem really laid back...so far! They look very similar, but not exactly alike.

Here's how April 6th started.....we had a monitoring appointment with Dr. Hales at 8:00 that morning. We noticed when I was hooked up to the monitors, I was contracting about every 5 minutes. I didn't feel any of them, so they decided that all was ok and we went on to my 9:30 appointment with Dr. Owen. She was out of town all last week, so we caught her up on what happened and she decided that she wanted to see if I had dilated any more. Sure enough, I was dilated to a 6, and Dr. Owen said, "Let's have some babies today." She didn't want me to get home and get into trouble if I were to rupture or anything, and we agreed that a controlled situation instead of an emergency situation was going to be much better. So, Kodi took me to labor and delivery and got me checked in, went to the house to get our bags and the waiting began. We went back for the c-section about 4:30 and waited to hear those cries! The surgery went well and I really am feeling good, too.

They prefer being together and when one cries the other one looks for them. It's already been so neat to see the "twin" bonds between the two of them. We know there is more of that to come!

We cannot thank everyone enough for all of their prayers and thoughts throughout the last year. We truly believe that these babies are a gift from God with lots of help from their big sister!

Will post more pictures later!


6 comments:

Carri said...

Congratulations! They are absolutely adorable! I just want to hold them! We are so happy for you guys!

Danielle said...

Oh Kaci I'm such a sap! I'm crying. I'm so happy for you guys and they are just BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait to see them. Natalie seems to be doing just fine so I guess it was her teeth causing the fever and such. I'll call you Friday. CONGRATS!

The Kacal Family said...

Laney and Mason are truly nothing less than a miracle! They are both perfect and I already love them so much it makes me sad to leave you guys! I love how Mason likes to look around and take in the world, he already makes me laugh! Little precious Laney is just a calm little precious sleeper. I've really absolutely LOVED watching the 4 of you. Kodi cracks me up the way he fusses over them and talks to them. They are so blessed to have him for a Daddy. YOU make me want to cry the way you look at them. I loved listening to you tell Mason the story of your allergic reaction back in college and watching you light up with his every reaction. You are a wonderful wonderful mommy. WE all know what a blessing THEY are not only to you but to all of us...but you both are such a blessing and what lucky kids to have you two as parents!!!

I love you all more than I can say and I am so happy Laney and Mason are here; healthy, happy, and perfect!!! They definitely have a whole lot of Kaylee in them!!! I am so proud of you, Kaci...you are my hero (and not just because you can pick hairspray up).
LOVE YOU!!!

Honeyed Hashette said...

Congratulations, Kaci and Kodi! They are beautiful and I am so glad to hear everything went smoothly.

You are in my thoughts and prayers and I wish your family all the best as these babies grow and you have no sleep (haha)!

Love,
Janna

A. Lee said...

Kaci! They are BEAUTIFUL!! I can't wait to see them in person! I called and left you a message this morning, but it just occurred to me what is going on with my phone...I've officially switched to my work number now, and disconnected my alltel phone the Thursday before we left for Lubbock...I think I forgot to send out an email (with my pregnancy brain) to let everyone know!! I'm sorry! Anyway, I don't want to bother you guys, but I would LOVE to come by and see y'all! Just call me and let me know if there's a good time. You can call me at the office 797-8400 or 773-7680. Love you! I'm so happy they're here and that everyone's doing great!!!!!

Christie said...

Congrats Kaci and Kodi!!! What miracles! We are so happy for your families. Enjoy each and every day. Let your lights shine for our Lord!
Christie Devitt